Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Huff Supports School Choice

Recently, my opposition has misrepresented my position on charter schools. To set the record straight, I refer readers to my August 2008 post defending the American Academy charter school prior to the zoning hearing before city council.

At the time, I stated, "For me, the (Douglas County School) District's attempt to link the approval of the Lagae rezoning and the American Academy School to overcrowding in the District's existing facilities is unpersuasive...Successful passage of this bond issue will help alleviate overcrowding in the public schools, not lobbying our representatives to deny private development."

I support school choice because parents are uniquely qualified to determine the best educational alternative for their children. My own children attend 3rd and 5th grade at Timber Trail Elementary and 8th grade at Cherry Hills Christian.

Read the entire post here: http://tinyurl.com/y9wytua


No comments: